RULES AND REGULATIONS - FOR CONTRACTED SERVICE PERSONNEL
The following rules and regulations have been adopted by the Landlord for the safety, benefit, and convenience of all tenants and other persons in the Building. The contractor shall be responsible for notifying and enforcing their subcontractors, workmen and suppliers to observe all such rules and regulations.
As a general rule, the Contractor shall make arrangements with the Landlord, as indicated below:
- Use of Loading Dock and Freight Elevators
- Material and equipment storage
- Time and place of deliveries
- After hours activities
- Building Tie-ins
- Special material handling and hoisting facilities
- Hours and coordination of work
- Power, heating and restroom facilities
- Discrepancies in plans
- Building hours: 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. on Saturday. Excluding days which are legal or statutory holidays in the jurisdiction in which the Building is located, subject to change by Landlord.
- All Contractors, subcontractors, workmen and suppliers are required to use the loading dock entrance and freight elevators to gain access to and from floors under construction. Dimensions of both the Loading Dock Transfer Elevator and the Building Freight Elevator are the same: door is 4 feet wide by 7 feet high, and cab is 5’3” wide, by 9’5” deep, by 10’10” high. At no time shall the passenger elevators be used!
- It will be the responsibility of the Contractor to submit a request by 3:00 p.m. to the Landlord for work after 6:00 p.m. or before 7:00 a.m. the following day. Also, weekend activities must be coordinated by 3:00 p.m., Friday.
- Loading Dock: The loading dock hours are from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. The delivery of merchandise, supplies and fixtures and other materials or goods of whatsoever nature to and from the premises and all loading, unloading and handling shall be done only at such times as designated and pre-arranged by the Management Office.
- Freight Elevator: The freight elevator is available for use by the Contractor from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. All construction material deliveries and furniture/office moves must be scheduled between the hours of 11:30 p.m. and 7:30 a.m. Monday through Friday or any time Saturday and Sunday with prior arrangements. Access cards are required and can be checked out at the loading dock office. Cards are placed at the security desk during off-hours. Twenty-four hours advance notice is required on a first-come first serve basis and must be pre-arranged through the Management office.
- At no time will Contractors, workmen and suppliers be allowed to transport equipment or supplies via the passenger elevators. Note: At no time will property-owned tools or equipment be loaned to vendors, contractors, or tenants and the property does not rent tools or equipment for contractor or tenant use.
- Construction crews will provide their own parking. Loading dock rules prohibit parking in the loading dock. Unauthorized vehicles will be ticketed and towed at owner’s expense.
- Emergency lighting and life safety systems shall not be disconnected under any circumstances without prior written notice from Contractor and with approval from the Management Office. Upon receiving approval the work shall be scheduled through the Management Office 24 hours in advance. Work shall be done expeditiously and emergency facilities shall be restored immediately upon completion.
- Any work involving welding or the sprinkler system must be coordinated through Landlord’s office at least 24 hours before work will be performed.
- Contractor is responsible for turning off lights and breakers each night.
- The Landlord shall be notified 24 hours in advance before Contractor cuts into any duct, water line, any existing power line or temporarily disconnects any meter, or before moving any air handling equipment, thermostat, etc. Additionally, twenty-four hour notice will be given to Landlord prior to any varnishing or use of toxic materials so that ventilation may be provided. (Use of high odor materials may require after hours work.)
- Contractor is required to notify Landlord 24 hours in advance before Contractor does any core drilling, and all slabs must be x-rayed prior to drilling. All such work must be scheduled through the Landlord’s office, and such work shall be done after normal business hours.
- A key for the janitor’s closet will be assigned to Contractor by the Landlord on a day to day basis. Upon completion of construction, Contractor agrees to thoroughly clean the janitor’s closet, including the waste lines, and to repair any damages. A representative of the Landlord will verify that this work was done. Any clean-up work or repair of damages not performed by Contractor will be undertaken by the Landlord at Contractor’s expense.
- Contractor doing work on an occupied floor will be required to cover all finished floors and walls with minimum 6 mil. clear visqueen until all major deliveries have been received and all drywall work completed.
- Any access required into an adjacent tenant space will have to be coordinated by the Contractor through the Landlord’s office.
- All construction crews shall be confined to the tenant space at all times with the exception of the retail area during business hours.
- Prior to commencing with construction, Contractor shall provide the Landlord with a list of the names of the subcontractors and their related trade along with emergency phone numbers of the project manager.
- All access to and from the floor(s) for Contractor, subcontractors, workmen and suppliers where work is being done is restricted to the use of the freight elevator. At no time will passenger elevators be used.
It should be noted that the Contractor is responsible for their subcontractors, workmen and suppliers. Any action detrimental to the building and/or its tenants shall become the sole responsibility of the Contractor.